Midwest PROTECH is currently hiring! We’re looking to add a new technician to our team to assist in our remote support operations.
Remote Support Technician
- Must have good phone and communication skills. The primary role of this individual will be to answer incoming support calls and provide remote support using our remote support tools.
- Understanding of the basic concepts of hosted services like Microsoft Office365 , Google G Suite, CrashPlan and others.
- Good technical troubleshooting skills and an ability to understand and identify client needs in the face of communication challenges with end-users that don’t always explain issues correctly.
- Must be able to deal with a rapidly changing, fast paced environment and learn new technologies quickly.
- Understanding of these products is beneficial:
- Microsoft Office 2010 through current (2019)
- Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 and basic understanding of Windows Server operating systems
- Understand the difference between imaged-based backup and file backup.
- Understanding of incremental offsite backup solutions – CrashPlan PROe and Acronis (training will be provided in this area)
- Working with corporate email systems like G Suite and Office365
- Setup network printers on wired LAN networks and smaller wireless networks.
- Understanding of Windows SMB network shares
- Dealing with typical browser issues with Firefox, Chrome, IE and Edge – cache clearing, searching Internet history and dealing with add-ons and extensions
Pay rate for this entry to mid-level position is between $12 and $16 per hour depending on experience.
We believe that knowledge can be taught, but we can teach character and integrity. We hold to the highest levels of integrity, honesty and value in all we do and our team prides itself in our perspective and spirit.
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position(s) we have available above, please send your resume to:
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
We are an advocate for our clients, helping them navigate IT challenges through the implementation of the right solutions so that they become more self-reliant and ultimately reduce their IT costs. We do this with integrity and a focus on building genuine partnerships with our clients.